For people who work in the HVAC industry, fall is the time of heating maintenance. It’s when we visit our customers to inspect and tune-up their furnaces or other heaters so they’re ready for the winter. This heating maintenance in Wake Forest, NC is arguably the most important service we offer (tied with air conditioning maintenance), and we want to make it as easy for our customers as possible. That’s why we put together our Comfort Club: a maintenance plan that provides two 25-point inspections per year. When you sign up now, you can schedule your heating maintenance visit for the early fall, which is the best time to have it done.
Why Heating Maintenance Is an Essential Service
We want to make it clear that maintenance isn’t an extra service or something that’s “nice to have done now and then.” If you want your heater to work the way it was designed to, it must have professional maintenance done each year. Heating systems are manufactured with the expectation they’ll receive regular cleanings, adjustments, filter changes, and other general maintenance tasks.
Here are the most important benefits of having maintenance done annually:
- Extended equipment life: A heating system can last from 10 to 20 years or even more, depending on the system type. But that estimate is only if the system receives regular maintenance. The equipment life will drop if the system is neglected and may only reach half its expected years.
- Better energy efficiency: The wear on a heater will cause the system to drain more power to run, and this lowers its efficiency. Maintenance prevents your bills from rising each year because of this decline, and the system can keep 95% of its original efficiency rating through most of its service life.
- Reduction in repairs: The majority of repairs a heater may need are preventable if it’s maintained each year. It can be as much as 80% of the repairs it would otherwise need.
- Safer operation: This is critical for natural gas furnaces. You don’t want your furnace to become a potential gas leak or combustion hazard. The inspections done during maintenance check carefully for anything that may pose a danger and keep the system operating safely.
- Warranty protection: The manufacturer’s warranty may be voided if the heating system isn’t professionally maintained, and this takes away an important consumer protection.
- Defense against breakdowns: You don’t want your heating system to fail abruptly on you during the coldest days of winter, and maintenance lowers the chance of that happening so you can enjoy peace of mind.
The Comfort Club
Along with the benefits of our 25-point inspections and tune-ups, membership in the Comfort Club comes with special benefits. You’ll be a priority customer, so you can leap to the front of the line when it comes to service calls, and you have access to service 24 hours a day. You’ll also receive a 10% discount off any repairs and double parts warranty from one to two years. Call us today to learn more details and join the club.
Comfort Master Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. provides service throughout the Triangle Area of North Carolina. Schedule your heating maintenance with us today.